icons phone+44 2087980917

icons address5 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1LG

De Jure Chambers Champions Diversity

We believe there is inherent strength in diversity. This is reflected in our statistics, showcasing the difference of circumstances, religion, and ethnicity in our chambers.

P1

At De Jure Chambers 68% of our employees are female, and the remaining 32% are male. Against the SRA statistics for the legal profession, De Jure Chambers hires a significantly higher percentage of women and of Black, Asian, and mixed ethnicities.[1] The ONS Labour Market Survey shows that 47% of the UK workforce are women.[2]

 P2

 

P3

Most employees at De Jure Chambers are at the beginning of their careers. This makes for an innovative, youthful workplace. We provide an opportunity for them to develop and compare their different ideas that they’ve gathered from each of their own diverse backgrounds. Creating this environment aligns with De Jure Chambers’ core values of diversity and inclusivity in the workplace.

 P4

We set a standard for inclusivity which we hope to one day see replicated throughout the world. Our goal is to continue providing a platform for diverse talent so they can thrive and begin creating their own heritage within the industry.

Author: James Sharpa

If you are seeking advice on any of the issues discussed in this article, please feel free to contact De Jure Chambers on 01223 643580 or by email at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and we will be happy to help.  

Legal Disclaimer:

The Content on Our Site does not constitute advice on which you should rely. It is provided for general information purposes only. Professional or specialist advice should always be sought before taking any action relating to the Our Site Content.

We make no representation, warranty, or guarantee that Our Site will meet your requirements, that it will not infringe the rights of third parties, that it will be compatible with all software and hardware, or that it will be secure.

We make reasonable efforts to ensure that the Content on Our Site is complete, accurate, and up-to-date. We do not, however, make any representations, warranties, or guarantees (whether express or implied) that the Content is complete, accurate, or up-to-date.

 


[1] https://www.sra.org.uk/sra/equality-diversity/key-findings/diverse-legal-profession/

[2]https://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentandlabourmarket/peopleinwork/employmentandemployeetypes/bulletins/
uklabourmarket/december2019

 

Ministry of Justice

footer image